C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Beautiful Morning

I may have shared this Mary Oliver quote before....
but not with this artwork by Lisa Condon, an
artist/illustrator that I admire.

It was a beautiful morning to be in the garden.  I was making my way around the yard in Lexington weeding and watering when I noticed something odd on my foxtail fern.  I have had this fern for years each winter taking it inside....then out again in the spring.  It is a beautiful specimen and thriving this year with the rain and humidity. 



At first I thought it was some sort of insect infestation or powdery mildew.  But on closer look I was surprised to see tiny white blossoms.  I'm not sure I've ever seen it bloom before...I was thrilled. 


There are all kinds of fuzzy new shoots coming....a sure sign that
some things can thrive....even in this broken world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment