C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 21, 2018

A Girl And A Saw

I found a third blue pot in my garage...so now all three rain lilies are lookin' good...a happy little corner don't you think?  It's the first time all three pots are blooming at the same time.  

We've had a beautiful stretch of weather...so I've been compelled to be outside.  I'm actually looking forward to a rainy day tomorrow and plan to spend a good chunk of it in my studio doing a little organizing and cleaning....and hopefully something creative.

But today was about a girl and a saw.

There is something about a using a pole saw that feels empowering.  There was a droopy branch in the back yard at the condo that's been bugging me for months so I finally got out my pole saw and cut it down. Then I got on a roll and trimmed lots of dead branches in the woods....I really like a clean sightline. The previous owner did a good job getting this started and I plan to continue.  I also trimmed branches for my next door neighbor so she has a better view into the woods too. The best part about it is once I cut them down all I had to do was drag them a little deeper into the woods.  I love that!

And while I was in the the neighborly mode I helped Sandy across the street reclaim a small over gown garden.  Today we dug out a lot of scruff and roots and trimmed back some bushes. We'll amend the soil and I'll divide some plants in Lexington to help her create a new little garden. Phase two will be sometime next week.

The day started with a swim and ended on the patio under a blanket....with a little sawing in between.  Just about perfect don't you think? As the saying goes...."Maine, the way life should be."

No comments:

Post a Comment