C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Celebrate

How can I not celebrate the rain lilies!  

This pot is on the patio in Maine. They love hot humid weather so they are starting to do their thing. And holy cow has it been hot and humid. 
And this one is on the front stoop in Lexington. 

I often have e-mail chains going with my sisters where we share and celebrate our blooms and produce (I don't have any produce....but they do.) My sister LaVonn is the one who started us all on rain lilies and I chuckled when she reminded us that they love sun, humidity and rain...just the opposite of her.  

Hers are going wild on her steps. I'm celebrating the rain lilies and my sisters today!
I'm also celebrating the fact that I had the whole pool to myself at 8:00 this morning....and a delightful lunch with Margie. Happy 4th!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment