C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 13, 2018

Prep Work

I've had these vibrant hand dyed fabrics since I took the fusing class a few years ago.  They were recommended by the instructor so I bought them but never used them.  But I'm in my "use what I have" mode so I'm diving in.

The colors are pretty intense....but toned down with other fabrics I think they will be fun to use because of all the shades of each color.  And nothing fuses better than hand dyed fabrics. So I spent a little time while paint was drying doing the prep work and ironed fusible webbing onto the back of of all the colors.




After I iron on the webbing I peel off the release paper and trim up all the edges so I'm left with a piece that is completely covered ready to cut up and fuse.  The prep work makes for a very pretty trash can full of scraps.



I cut each piece of fabric in half before I fused...so I have the same amount of unfused fabric for ready for piecing.



Now I just need to put the bathroom back together so I can start playing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment