C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, July 26, 2018

The Other Piece

Mounting this piece will have to wait...I'm back in Portland now and I don't have what I need. I like to install the hanging hardware before I mount a quilt and I don't have those supplies with me.

I do like the way it's going to look wrapped around the board.

While I was in my stitching mode I quilted the other piece I'd been working on. I like the way the dark purple thread outlines the stripe strips.


I kept the quilting simple...just wonky lines and I'm pleased with it so far.

The hand dyed fabric was done by Vicki Welsh of Colorways and is called "Abundance." She is a talented quilter and fabric dyer.  I follow her on Facebook and I enjoy reading about her process and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment