C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Impossible Gardens

There were all kinds of events and festivities today for our Puerto Rican friends including two opportunities for worship. All three communities that received assistance from "Lexington Unites for Puerto Rico" are from different parts of the island and of different faith backgrounds and didn't know each other until they met here in New England this weekend.  Now they have a bond and connection with each other that will continue when they go back home. It was all very powerful!

Margie, my mother-in-law, gave me notecards a while back that said "Plant Impossible Gardens."  I used them sparingly because I loved the idea  so much of an impossible garden.  This weekend it was clear to me that impossible gardens have been planted.
In between events I dug up several varieties of my miniature hosta for Carmen and Wendall, the couple in our church who got this whole Puerto Rico project going. 


Wendall had expressed interest in my minis....so now he and Carmen have at least 8 varieties for their own garden. They hosted a final send off dinner this evening...and this was my gift....a reminder of the "impossible garden" they helped plant.

And....for those of you who know my dear friend Connie...I'm still "gardening in her shoes." I think about her every time I wear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment