C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Getting Started

"They snickered at her life full of many patterns, but she smiled knowing she was only being her true self."
This is one of my favorite greeting card quotes....it rings true!

I pieced this strip of yummy colors and patterns together....reminds me of popsicles.







Then I auditioned some larger pieces to go with it including these solids.  What size? What shape? Mounted on a canvas? More patchwork? What now? 

After playing around with all kinds of possibilities....I ended up with a big mess.









So I paused.....because I need to figure out what I actually want to make. And it would really help the process if I organized my fabric stashes.  So I piled all the possibilities up and went out to clean the garage. At least I got started...and that was my only goal.



No comments:

Post a Comment