C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, October 28, 2019

Blog Questions

"She believes in the smallest of things because she believes that is where magic lives." Jm Storm

I love hearing from people and am always happy to be as helpful as I can. So although I've responded personally to these questions....I decided to post answers here just in case others have the same questions.

Speaking of the smallest of things.....
the skinner the strip of paper
the tinier the star.
I got a comment on yesterday's post from Elle asking about a tutorial for making the stars.  I've written many many posts about these stars....but never a tutorial. I learned how to make them from Adam....and I will say I had to practice for a while before I was successful.  I have contacted Elle directly....but thought I would add a couple of links to directions I found on line here on the blog.

This site has pretty good pictures:

And here's a video:

They take a little practice...and the hardest part is getting the hang of puffing them up at the end.  I found this one page instruction sheet here.

Several weeks ago Gale asked about the trivet on my counter in one of my photos.  I replied on the blog...but thought I would write more about it here.  

It was made by Ellen out of recycled magazines.  I believe she folded the strips in 1/2 and coiled them up tightly and glued them secure. She tied the coils together and coated the whole thing with a sealer.  I haven't officially put anything hot on it but I think it could handle it....I just love it sitting on my counter!  

I took a few close-ups....and I'm sure there are tutorials on-line for paper coils.


 

And...finally Linda asked me about the difference between watercolor pencils and regular colored pencils after reading this post.  Regular colored pencils are the most common.  They can be blended with a blending pencil or a tiny amount of baby oil on a Q-tip.  Watercolor pencils are water soluble so once you color in your area you can activate the watercolor with a damp brush and push the color around to blend or fill and area. Water pencils will always be labeled accordingly on each pencil. 

I always love hearing from you....creative connections are one of my favorite things!

2 comments:

  1. That diagram is wonderful! Thanks for finding it and sharing. Cheers, Elle

    ReplyDelete