C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 3, 2019

October

It always feels good to turn over a new calendar page and pull out a few seasonal decorations.  My kitchen calendar in Lexington features watercolor designs by artist Susan Black....I'm especially fond of this October page. "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."  Anne of Green Gables
These little guys always make me smile....I think I celebrate them every year. 


I love my little battery operated candle....it goes on and off automatically giving off a nice glow each evening..The little white bottle was Connie's....I think it's part of an old salt and pepper set.  She always had it on her window sill with a plant snippet in it and I'm happy to keep that going.  It's a sweet little thing and the orange flower design works well in the fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment