C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Best Gift Ever!

I say that every time I get a great gift!  

I didn't get my feedback from Elizabeth until late in the day so haven't made changes yet to my collage...but I might just add polka dots everywhere.  That would be very ME!  Probably not...but I'm tempted.

I wasn't surprised at what she said....bigger variety of color values....looser shapes....not reusing the same papers in a flower. Variety is the key, she emphasizes. It all makes sense....and I've asked some clarifying questions so we'll see what tomorrow brings.  Today was chores, house puttering....a nice long visit with Margie...and being mystified watching our government at work. 

This is the perfect time to celebrate this wonderful gift from Janice.  It's a much used, much loved bar of soap covered with wool felting and has been super helpful cleaning my messy hands hands of paint and glues.  (Speaking of glue....gloss medium is what we're collaging with because it doesn't mute the colors.  In the end we will tone it down with a satin varnish.  Who knew?  Now I do.)

This wonderful felted soap is soft enough and abrasive enough to scrub the paint and glue off my hands.  I keep it in the bathroom in a pretty bowl with my little brush. It's getting smaller and squishier but I have another one in the wings.  Best gift ever Janice!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment