C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 1, 2020

February Shift

When February 1st rolls around I always seem to start a bit of a shift.  There's a lot of winter left to come...and I'm OK with that....but I start shifting away from it inside my home and inside my head.

The snowmen and wintery things get packed away and I pull out a few Valentine things to brighten up the February doldrums.                                                                                     


One of my February shift projects was a little needle felted heart for Margie's wreath.



It always starts with a little blob of wool roving.....and a piece of foam rubber and a felting needle.  

Lots of stabbing is oddly relaxing.


I kept adding wool and stabbing until I got the shape and density that seemed right....it's getting there.

 

I speared it onto a piece of wire and it was ready to tuck into Margie's wreath....just in time for the February shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment