C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Full Disclosure

"Every piece of paper is a paint stroke." Elizabeth St. Hilaire

I found the painting part really hard....and so painting with paper might be just has hard.  It's going to take some practice.....but I did have fun giving it a go for the first time.

The new and final video lessons for the class came out this morning....and I jumped right in. 

This is a little side view of where I landed for today....and after some feedback I'll give it a second look tomorrow.  It's got issues.
OK....here's full disclosure.  I am still not comfortable with my larger painting so for the sake of the class I did this little zoomed in 6 x 8 as more practice a few weeks ago. The feedback was helpful and obvious....LOOSEN UP the lines and the flowers should have been a little more floppy. That bottom left leaf was stiff and terrible.  So I painted it out and inserted some of my leaf prints today as I started practicing collage today.

 

I decided to go ahead and show the full view.  It's got problems....but I won't list them. I'll get feedback tomorrow from Elizabeth and see how I can improve it.
It's a start....and you gotta' start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment