C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 10, 2020

Closure

I shared my finished class piece with Margie and some friends at my project group and I was validated that it does look a bit better in person.  The Fabulous Florals class was a 5 week journey and some of the steps were a real challenge...but good things can happen out of comfort zones. I'm so glad I took the plunge.  Here are a few final thoughts....then I can have some closure.

When I started making the leaf prints....I laid some of them down on my childlike underpainting and thought they could actually save it. I ended up painting over the circle plants...and added them back in with the collage papers so I could reposition them.  To get the circles uniform...I tore the paper around a dime....I thought that was pretty clever.



I put some of the more bluer leaf prints on a scattered pile of ephemera and saw even more potential for them.  When there are actually leaves in the yard....I'm certainly going to play around with this again.



This paper was in my stash....a beautiful textured paper with gold accents.  It was a lovely teal....but I over painted some of it with a deep blue and love the depth and richness of the new color. I think it would make a beautiful vase in a collage.



From fresh flowers to sketching to under painting to painting papers to collage to finishing touches to closure....trust the process.  I learned a ton!


No comments:

Post a Comment