C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Paper Quilts

I did a couple quick quilt square experiments this afternoon with some of my hand painted paper.

I wanted to avoid using glue so I ironed the strips onto a piece of fusible interfacing which held them in place until I did the top stitching. It seemed to work pretty well....so I'm certainly going to explore this further.

Most of these papers were printed on sandwich wrap so fairly lightweight.  I used a piece of release paper for a pressing cloth so I wasn't ironing right onto the painted surface.
I also tacked down 1 1/2 inch squares on another piece of fusible interfacing and will do some top stitching tomorrow.  

I'm not quite sure where this is going....I'm just experimenting at this point. This might make a good background for something.  I only brought a handful of papers home from Portland....so was a little limited in my choices.  
And just for fun did this little cutout....I was going for a bit wonky....and wonky it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment