C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Dreaming and Scheming

I spent a few hours with an artist I admire in her home studio in Natick.  I love seeing where artists work....and Holly's studio was overflowing with colorful paintings in various stages. 

I've been following Holly Lombardo on Instagram for a while and met her for the first time at a gallery opening in Portsmouth this last fall. I love hearing her stories and connections to the woods, the water, and even frogs and mushrooms. She paints from her heart and soul and sees colors in the trees and water that at first you may not see.  But they're there.  She has changed the way I look and what I see.
It was fun seeing this more abstract stained glass painting in person...





...it's the one that inspired me to make the fabric stained glass piece.  I need to get back to that again....and now I have her blessing. I think I could do better.

Dreaming and scheming with an artist I admire ....PURE JOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment