C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Black, White, and Rainbow

There was a light snow pretty much all day making everything so crisp and clean. It was one of those snows that clung to the sides of the trees and collected on the tops of branches...there were even little piles on the tops of all the tiny sycamore seed pods. 


It was pretty much a black and white view out the back in the late afternoon light....the white was almost a cool blue actually.


I was compelled to walk out and get a closer look at the little birdhouse....I loved the way it looked in the low light with the snow piled on top.


 

It looked like there was a little snowman sitting in front.


I didn't go back to my little collage today....but I did a quick little project to practice blending colors from light to dark.  I'm not sure I love it...but it was good practice. I used the little single bloom under painting I did earlier in the class?  I decided to go wild with it and infuse a whole rainbow of colors....quite a contrast to the black and white out the window.  I may share a little more about this tomorrow....or maybe I'll experiment with something new.  

No comments:

Post a Comment