C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Trust The Process

"If you want to be good at something you must first be willing to be bad at it." author unknown

As I mentioned yesterday I was hesitant scared to paint a neutral background on my collage project.....but I did....and I can honestly say it improved it. It's far from perfect but I can actually say I don't hate it and I learned a ton! Trust the process! 

I think the neutral could have been a little warmer...but it is what it is. I have a lot to learn about about mixing acrylics. I think it looks better in person than it does here...or maybe that's just wishful thinking.



When I submitted it online to the class I admitted that I TOTALLY LOST the light and shadows.  I just went for contrast in my paper decisions....making it a little more cartoonish.

I do like how the neutral paint accentuates the circles and makes them pop....and the grassy paper really helped soften the hard edges and adds a little whimsy.  The paint also helped redefine some lines....giving it the breathing space it needed.  Phew!
The splash of dots in the middle was a last minute attempt at adding a missing focal point...something I could have solved a little earlier. Hindsight is 20/20.  I will likely revisit the process a bit in tomorrow's post....then I'll have closure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment