C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Back to the Farm

Almost every Wisconsin country roadside where I grew up had these two plants growing side by side....Queen Anne's Lace and Chicory. They make a such lovely combo and this neighborhood street in Portland took me right back to the farm.


I finally started adding the black branches to my fabric stained glass tree project. I cut the strips of fused black hand dyed fabric with my rotary cutter without a ruler because I don't want them perfect....or all the same width.


This tiny little iron is great for quick seams when sewing blocks....and perfect for tacking down the little fused branches. It actually gets pretty hot and even holds a bit of water for steam.  Best $20 I ever spent....and it can be found here.  More on this project soon....it always looks a bit odd before I get all the seams covered....but it's coming along. I do love this mini iron!


As I was writing this post my sister-in-law Alyson sent me a text with some beautiful photos of her neighbor's tomatoes...so I thought I would add a couple of my favorites here.  Nature is a beautiful thing.  

And it's her daughter Clarke's 25th birthday today and Alyson sent me this photo taken soon after Clarke was born!  Clarke helped me start this blog more than 5 years ago...and actually wrote the very first post back in January of 2015.  I am so grateful to her...and love her dearly.  Happy Birthday Clarke! 
This, by the way, is post number 2,030....I been chatting and joyfully puttering for a long time. I wonder if Clarke thought I would make it this far.


No comments:

Post a Comment