C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 7, 2020

Brave

Her family thought she was crazy and didn't believe she could do it....or would do it.  But Janice is brave and proving them wrong.  She wanted clouds in her dining room....and she's making it happen. 


I never know what I'm going to find when I stop at Janice's house...there's always something interesting going on.  She lives just a mile from Margie....so it's easy to pop in when I'm in the area. She and Jay are nearing the end of a major kitchen remodel and first floor makeover so I check in often to see the progress. I stopped in yesterday to see her clouds....and last night she texted me saying she almost painted over the whole thing. I didn't check in with her today on purpose because I knew I was going to write about this no matter what.  It doesn't matter if she paints over it....she couldn't stop thinking about it and she was making it happen. And clouds come and go....so it's all good.

It is a good reminder to be brave....and a good use for all those paint samples.
Her inspiration image.
More calendula drying....and interesting colors and textures in her yard.
This photo was taken 2 years ago....Janice has been studying the clouds for years on their boat. And it's a lucky day when we get to go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment