C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Scrappy Sidetrack

I spent some time cleaning up my work table in front of the window in the studio...one of my favorite places to sit and work.

At the bottom of a pile I uncovered these scraps left over from a punched square project that I just couldn't bare to throw away. They are painted papers from an old manuscript book...so kind of precious. And since I'm so easily sidetracked I paused to see what I could come up with.

This was one of the projects I made with the punched squares a while back.....and now it was time to use the scraps.


I pieced together a neutral collage background....


...and glued on the scraps overlapping them to create interesting shapes.


I think it's kind of interesting....


...so I turned part of it into a card and have enough for a second one. 
A good scrappy sidetrack project!


No comments:

Post a Comment