C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Colorful Conundrum

I love the lettering....and I love the concept.  It was made by Lissa Spits from River District Studio.


Lissa works with watercolor papers and mostly sculpts them into florals and plants.  Her work is intricate and beautiful.


One of the things I uncovered when I was sorting in the basement was this jar of handmade patchwork Easter eggs.  

I don't remember how long ago I made them....but it was years and years ago. I know they lived in the basement the whole time I've lived in Lexington....and that's 11 years.


They're kind of cute....but I'm not sure I'll use them so I'm in a bit of a colorful conundrum of what to do them them.  If the trim wasn't glued on I think they might be a good baby toy.  Hmmm....anyone want them?  They are probably heading into a Goodwill box. 


As you can see my color scheme preference hasn't changed....they match my recent leaf project.
I found another larger item in the basement that is even more of a sentimental conundrum....but that's another post. I actually just wanted to use that word again....conundrum is one of those fun words to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment