C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 28, 2020

Something New

"And suddenly you know....it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." Meister Eckhart

I've started an art exchange project with my friend Becky and her friend Brenda....both from Wisconsin. Brenda is an artist and knitter and knows of me through my blog and she and Becky often get together to make art.  Becky thought it would be fun if the three of us started a weekly exchange to encourage our creative practice...connect us through art.....and help support the post office.  

When I was visiting Becky last summer she gave me a box of 4x6 file cards that would have otherwise been thrown away at her work...but she knew they were worth saving.  I was in the middle of my 100 day project at the time where I was using the smaller ones....so she thought they might come in handy....for both of us.

I have fond memories of my 100 day project! I enjoyed making every card and I flip through them now and again to revisit that journey.


We've decided to use these 4x6 cards as the base for our exchanges. We'll be on a three week rotation and this was week one and I've already sent my first one on to Brenda.  Week two I'll send one to Becky and I'll keep week three.  Then we'll repeat....over and over until we decide to stop.  There are no rules....no expectations...and we're just going to keep it simple and create something.

I'll write about it tomorrow because everyone should have theirs in the mail by then....so Saturdays is likely when I'll share what I've been up to on this new little project.

No comments:

Post a Comment