C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 14, 2020

Joy of Anticipation

I walked by one of my favorite gardens on my morning walk this morning and I loved the simple rustic beauty of this scene.  It was a beautiful summer day filled with so many wonderful things and I have much to be grateful for.

But the moment that shined over all the others was when I realized I have a white rain lily bud!  I got the bulbs from Becky last fall and this the first bud ever.  I'm going to be in Maine all of next week so I'm going to able to watch the progress every day and I couldn't be more excited.  Oh the joy of anticipation! 


The pink ones are taking a bit of a break...which they often do this time of year.  They should come back in the late summer into the fall and that's OK because for now it's all about the white one.
I'm just giddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment