C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Detour

I love when people send a little joy my way.... this quote came from Tracie today.

"Joy is the holy fire that keeps our purpose warm and our intelligence aglow." Helen Keller  

I was up early to water the very dry gardens before I hit the road for Maine.  I took a detour through York, ME for a visit with Linda.  We had delightful couple of hours catching up, watching the birds, and enjoying the gardens from the back patio.  David and Linda have such a magical place just a stones throw from the beach.

I was blown away by the meadow rue....at least 7 to 8+ feet tall.  It's so hard to photograph especially in the bright sunshine...but it's so beautiful I couldn't help but try.  I was smitten.


 It reseeds and Linda lets it live wherever it wants to....so it was in most every garden....and so much more full and robust than mine. 



The Joe-Pye Weed is tall....but the whispy meadow rue in the background is even taller.


Miss Lily is still going strong.  Two new blooms and one on the way....and that made me very happy. Rose, and my sister LaVonn would be pleased.


Clematis



Agapanthus


I'm always drawn to a wood pile....


....and David was getting a little creative with this one.

This tree was sculpted by a woodpecker....and looked like an intentional art piece. It's a good day when I get to detour through York.

No comments:

Post a Comment