C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, August 29, 2020

On Second Thought

After talking to Becky today we decided that I shouldn't write about the art cards I'm sending until after she and Brenda get them each week.  So we'll see how long it takes my first card to get to Madison...then I can share it. It makes perfect sense.....but it's the only artsy creative thing I've done recently and I've even started my second one....but I guess it's back to celebrating Mother Nature.  And she's always worth celebrating! It won't be long before she'll turn her beautiful fall colors and then get tucked in for the winter....so I should enjoy her while I still can.

Paul and I saw this mushroom mound on a walk....it looked like a potato....or a rock.


I thought this two toned acorn was adorable!


And this beauty was in my garden.



And the bees are loving the tall verbena I planted on the other side of our fence.  The monarchs love it too...but I've only seen one so far.


The coral bell is as purple and pretty as ever and I continue to be impressed with the yellow moonbeam coreopsis.  I was an avid deadheader all summer and it's been going strong since the beginning of July.  This time of year so many perennial gardens are starting to look tired.  But my garden, which is mostly full of textures of greens, still looks as pretty and lush as it did in June.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment