C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

One Of The Many Reasons....

....I love my husband.  

I'm in Lexington and Paul is at the condo and I asked him to keep an eye on the new rain lily bloom....it was just barely starting when I left on Sunday evening. These are the photographs he sent me today. This one opened up pretty quickly!

He also has been paying attention and knows I sometimes frame my feet in the photo.  He's humoring me here....but he's also honoring me....and I love that about him. He was probably chuckling when he took the photo (ratty old sneaker slippers and all) and I chuckled when I got it.  One of the many reasons he's a keeper.


And because he REALLY knows me he remembered to look closely and found two more blooms....maybe even three.  This white rain lily is on a roll and I couldn't be more excited.


I've moved most of my art and craft supplies to Maine.....probably a little too soon.  We were supposed to be moving to Maine full time around November 1st....but Paul's retirement has been delayed because of the pandemic.  More on that another time. But I found a few makeshift supplies that allowed me to do a little experiment today....and I'll be reporting on it in a few days.  It was mostly a cleaning and sorting day and I set the timer and worked for an hour then crafted for a little bit.  I did this off and on all day and it was good motivation.....and helped me stay focused on the main task. 

This may not look like anything now....but this little piece of card stock was transformed with a few simple supplies.


No comments:

Post a Comment