C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Best Moment

This social media post someone made me laugh: 




This one made me sad:

This one was reassuring:


It was a glorious breezy late summer day!  This view on my walk this morning made me pause....there seemed to be so many layers of color and texture.....such a peaceful scene.

And look what took a field trip to Lexington.  I couldn't bear to leave the 5 buds behind in Portland....so I took my white rain lilies on the road and enjoyed keeping an eye on them all day long. Joy sometimes looks like this.


But I think the best moment all day long was when I got this photo in a text from my neighbor Sandy who lives across from me at the condo.  She started reading my blog recently and knew I would appreciate this beautifully imperfect bright red leaf she picked up on her front walk this week. I'm guessing she'll have wabi-sabi things drying on her window sill all fall!

Joy most certainly looks like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment