C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 10, 2020

Context

I love when an experience that brought me joy gives me the context I need to fully appreciate another situation.  Life is good that way....so pay attention.

On my way to Anita's for a walk I stopped to check out the gardens at The Hancock-Clarke House, one of our historical buildings in Lexington.  I was excited to come across some calendula....and thanks to Janice....I had a context for it.  I had never heard of it before.

As I've written about a couple times Janice grows and dries it....and I've been mesmerized by it and her process.  If we ever share a meal again...it may show up in my salad.

Then here is was again....in a new context.....and it drew me right in.


You won't be surprised that I'm enjoying watching the hydrangea wreath dry.....just as much as I enjoyed arranging the beautiful blooms yesterday.  Isn't it cool....just a day later!
I don't think, however, it will end up in a salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment