C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Back to Art

It's card catch-up day!  Last week was the the third card in round four of our 4 x 6 card exchange.  (Yes...I'm a little confused too...I had to map it out on my calendar.) Becky sent hers to the condo....so I just got it today when I arrived.  If by chance you are new to the blog and wonder what the 4 x 6 project is all about you can read about how it started here in this post called "Something New": http://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/08/something-new.html

Becky celebrated the end of the garden season with leaf prints.  She used stamp pads to coat the leaves then printed them on cardstock.  I love the way she cut them apart showing little peek-a-boo stripes of color and how she built up parts to give it dimension.


On the back is a velum pocket with some of her post frost blooms....and a few of the actual leaves she used for her prints.  You're a clever one Rebecca Lou!


My card for round 4 was just like the others and I made it before I left for WI.  Last week was the keeper week so this one goes into my box. This week starts round 5 and I think I should have Brenda's card ready to go in the mail tomorrow.  I started it in Lexington this past week and since I was away from my studio it was one of those make it work projects.  I will not report on it for a few weeks as I want both Brenda and Becky to get theirs so the theme and technique will be a surprise. 


I think these cards look pretty nice together....I'm so glad to be getting back to a little art.  It feeds my soul.


I write these posts in the evening....but most people read them the next day including Margie. 
Happy Birthday Margie!
🎉🎈

No comments:

Post a Comment