C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Holding Her Own

"Sometimes you'll learn and grow on the road, and other times you'll learn by being still. Embrace the ebb.....but don't forget the flow. Those uforced moments of joy matter more than you know." Morgan Harper Nichols

Angie is holding her own. Bodies can be surprisingly strong, sometimes fragile, and often unpredictable....and we are all grateful for this time for Angie without pain. She continues to enjoy her visits and phone conversations and my sister Marilyn visits often. And I'm so happy that my sister Nancy and her husband Craig from Minneapolis are going back for the weekend. They love to cook and that's always a good thing.

I've been tackling house projects while in quarantine...they aren't very creative or interesting so I'm glad I have have a few more treasures to share.

Angie is the one who inspired me to start collecting marbles and I always loved the way she displayed them. She gave me one of her marble filled vintage bottles and I wondered what might have come in this old bottle that says "FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS SALE OR REUSE OF THIS BOTTLE."  After a quick google search I learned that it was required on liquor bottles starting in 1935.

And I've always loved this little green Singer sewing machine oil bottle and am looking forward to adding it to my collection in Maine.


And have you ever seen railroad rocks?  Marilyn and her kids used to find these round stones along the tracks that had been tumbled over time by the trains.  Angie had a little jar of them and I was able to bring a few home with me.  I love stories like this.


This is a photo of one of Angie's shelves...with lots of marbles.


No comments:

Post a Comment