C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Doodle Circles

Brenda's round 5 card came yesterday and it's one of my favorite subjects: circles....doodle circles to be exact.


She used watercolor to paint the circles and doodled with black and metallic pen....so there's a nice shimmer.  Thank you Brenda! There is just something about a circle.


I photograph most of my cards on my cutting table because the Ott Light gives good light any time of day...but I always chuckle when I have to clear a little spot to take the photo. So I thought I would give you a wider view and a window into my mess. I don't think I'm going to change at this point in my life. There's lots of batik scraps laying around because I just finished adding the colors to my commission fabric stained glass piece.  Next week I'll start the trees and will be able to share it with you once it's done and delivered.

And....you can see a hint of my keeper 4 x 6 card for next week under the release paper.  I'll share this one and the other two I made once I know Becky has gotten hers...Brenda got hers last week. We keep cheering on the Post Office.


And since I had all the fused fabric out I started another full color spectrum piece that's been on my mind for months.  Here's a little peak at the corner with the reds and oranges....it's perfect way to use scraps. I have a very special spot in mind for it if it goes well.  There will be lots of top stitching and some overlay.  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment