C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Round Things From Home

I'm celebrating Paul's recent found objects. He's been so good about sending photos and updates helping me feel connected with home. Speaking of home....I'm booked for Monday.

Round things seem to be a theme recently. Paul photographed this found marble on his desk in his office with my name carved in it.  

The story about that carving is one of my favorites and can be found here in this post called "A Pew Story": https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-pew-story.html
I'm a big fan of round things....especially from home.  Thanks Paul!

But there was one square.


Brenda's card started out OK....but I had a little issue at the end but I made it work. Again, I made this second round 4 card before I left Maine and mailed it from Evansville....Brenda got it yesterday.


I used the same process of taping and painting.


I added touches of silver along with the white paint pen....and at this point I was unsure...it felt like I did too much. But once I peeled off the tape it was just fine. It's not about perfection.


When I flipped over the finished card to write on the back....I didn't realize my surface was wet so I smeared a section at the top.  I didn't have time to start over so I touched up the white lines with acrylic paint and touched up the watercolor.  Unfortunately I lost one tiny little triangle created by the tape lines....but that's just the way it goes.  Make it work....that was my motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment