C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 23, 2020

"Just a Card"

I recently became aware of the "Just a Card" campaign....."a grassroots campaign on a mission to encourage people to support, value and buy from artist, makers, independent shops and small businesses.  Every sale, even just a card, is vital to their prosperity and survival." 

The JUST A CARD campaign is about so much more than shopping. It’s about people - their imagination, creativity and sheer hard work. It’s about shops, markets, fairs, fetes, exhibitions - anywhere in happier times where people enjoy being part of a shared community.

https://www.justacard.org/

https://www.instagram.com/justacard/

I recently made purchases from artists I admire.....and encourage you do the same.


Someday I may sell cards....but for now I'm just making and sending them. 

When  I was working on the last round of 4x6 cards I got on a roll and made extras....so now I have a greeting card to send.  I embraced Lynne's loose curvy border lines I admired on a card she sent me....I like it and want to push it even more next time.  I wish I would have stitched the lines in a couple of colors...or some pretty variegated thread would have been fun!



The curvy lines makes for an interesting back too.....all ready for a note to a friend. 
Sending just a card...can make someone's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment