C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Round Four

"I still believe 
people of gentleness and faith 
can change the world 
one unseen unsung unrewarded 
kindness at a time.  
I still believe in love 
and nothing in the world 
can make me stop."  
Author unknown

Once I made the decision to go to Wisconsin one of the first things I thought about was my 4 x 6 exchange.  Although at first I thought about trying to do my cards while I was here at the farm...I didn't know what to expect....so I made my round four cards ahead of time. I may leave here with some ideas and pieces and parts that can be made into a card...but that will have to play itself out. For now I've been giving my full attention to my whatever presents itself each day whether it be chores and tasks....or sitting and visiting....and always paying attention to the bits of joy that present themselves.

My theme for round four was a familiar one.....watercolor and masking tape.  There are several artist I follow who use this technique...and this time I was inspired by Leslie Tieu.   https://www.instagram.com/leslie.writes.it.all/

Becky got this first card last week....and Brenda just got hers today and I'll share that tomorrow.

I taped off a random design using skinny washi tape as my mask...and painted blocks of color.


Once it was dry I painted leaves and vines with a white paint pen and added another layer of color on a few of the leaves.


Peeling the tape off is my favorite part.


I trimmed it up and stitched it onto a card.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy this technique...and will return to it again and again.  


In the end I decided to add a few touches of a gel pen called stardust clear....giving it a little shimmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment