C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, January 29, 2021

Gentle Reminders

Isn't it wonderful when on what seems like a hectic and busy day....you get gentle reminders that even on days like this....there's always joy.

My friend Dana posted on Instagram about her crazy morning getting her kids ready for school....and it made me chuckle.  She ended the post "sending love and strength for all the exhausting moments & praying we all are present enough to receive the joyful ones."  Just what I needed to hear.

When I got back to Lexington from Portland I found there was enough snow on the walk and around the garage to shovel. It was really cold and I wasn't looking forward to dealing with it.

But as I walked around the corner of the house....the view of the hazy winter sun framed by our large bare ginkgo made me stop in my tracks.  Suddenly the need to shovel seemed like a gift and I was present enough to receive the joy.

I also came home to heartfelt notes and cards from dear friends....got an uplifting text... and had a good pep talk on the phone....all reminding me how lucky I am to have such a loving support system.

Some days you have to look for joy....and other days it just falls in your lap when you need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment