C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, January 4, 2021

Connections

The tufts of icy snow on this holly bush caught my attention this morning on my way for a walk with Anita and Janet. Because of the colder weather, the holidays, and my time in Maine our walks have been limited and it was so good to connect and catch up with them.

This discarded wreath caught our attention....kind of pretty sitting in the snow.  I was tempted to pull off all the fruit and pinecones...but I was strong...and passed.

A nice surprise came in the mail today that made me smile. Tracie and I recently shared how we have inadvertently glued, fused or laminated bits of this and that into our projects.

She sent me a sweet little "hope" magnet she made with a cat hair laminated into it. Do you see it?  And....the package included a beautiful hand painted card and a lovely bookmark. How lucky am I!

Thanks Tracie! 

A week or so ago Ann sent me several beautiful photos from their trip to Cape Cod.  She was quite taken with the colors and textures on the beach....and knew I would be too.


The corally pink seaweed was pretty special.


It was such a nice surprise to hear from Dale who quite taken with the progression of LaVonn's sunflower I wrote about recently. The timing of it breaking off as a fitting ending for 2020 seemed just right to her.  Dale was one of the first people who reached out to me through this blog and hearing that she's still following along warms my heart.

And finally......just a few minutes ago Becky texted me photos of her new stencils.  She and Brenda are going to start experimenting with gel plate printing...and I'm going to share what I know with them sometime soon.  I'm excited!  I love connecting with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment