C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Chinese Papercuts

Much of my day was spent cleaning the garage and getting it ready to squeeze our car in for the winter. And although it was time well spent....it doesn't make for a good blog post...so I thought I would share one of Liz's amazing pieces of art.

Many years ago Liz lived and taught in China and came home with some pretty special things to display in her new home including 3 magnificent papercuts.  And since I've recently started to dabble with papercuts.....seeing her pieces again blew me away.  

We hung one in her library as a focal point as you enter the room....another in her den/TV room....and the third one is yet to be hung....but we have an idea where it will go.

It's always hard to photograph framed art with glass...and in the end I made the closeups black and white to better show the intricate cuts. The details absolutely boggle my mind! And remember there are three of them....and they're all different.


I couldn't help but zoom in even more....and keep in mind that every teeny tiny black line is paper!  Look closely...and try and wrap your head around that! Then keep in mind that a talented framer figured out how to mount it.  There are very talented people in the world.




I did start my day with a catch up visit with Margie....and of course there was a finished puzzle on her table. She boggles my mind too!


No comments:

Post a Comment