C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 15, 2021

Did It Wait?

What do you think the chances are this white rainlily knew how much I would enjoy seeing this last bloom?  Do you think it knew that I had two condo board meetings today after just getting home that would monopolize my time and attention....and that I would need a little splash of joy? 

When I noticed a bud during the summer it would generally open the very next day.  But 5 days ago before we took our road trip you may recall that I noticed one bud on the nearly dormant plant.  I thought about it several times during the trip...sitting in the dark and quiet condo and I assumed it would open while we were gone. But there it was this morning....just opening up.  

Did it wait for me? I'm choosing to believe it did.

And I deadheaded two Christmas cactus blooms before I left....and came home to several more.  I haven't had this many buds on this plant...ever! Almost every branch has a bloom or a bud....and will bring me weeks of enJOYment.

No comments:

Post a Comment