C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Gratitude

Today was a travel day....and we spent a wonderful afternoon and evening with dear friends in Boiling Springs, PA.  Tomorrow we'll make the 8 hour drive home.  

Tracie sent me this delightful photo this morning of her grandson catching a snowflake on his tongue along with a quote worth repeating.

"There's a self expansive aspect of gratitude. Very possibly it's a little known law of nature: the more gratitude you have, the more you have to be grateful for."  Elaine St. James. 

My sister Marilyn and I did a seasonal exchange many years ago....and I created a collage based on a photo she had sent of her son catching a snowflake on his tongue.  You can read about that here:  https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-winter-challenge.html

And just a few days ago Becky sent me this photo taken by her son Johnny who has become an expert in looking closely and sharing what he sees.

And just a few weeks ago....Brenda sent this photo of her parents ginkgo tree day....for those of you have been following the blog know why this was such a treat.  I do miss my ginkgo tree!

Three friends from Madison...sharing their joy.....I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment