C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, November 22, 2021

Slow Stitching

Slow stitching is an ancient practice....but the term is relatively new. To slow stitch is to take time to mindfully create something by hand with a just needle and thread...or other tools of the trade. "It focuses on intention and the joy brought from creating...not so much the final result of the piece itself."

I have always enjoyed the mindfully mindless task of hand stitching.....of any kind. And I'm quite fond of this new term... so I'm going to incorporate slow stitching into my life on a regular basis...in a variety of ways. There are dozens of things in my head.

My new English paper piecing project is a perfect segue....and will be filling in the nooks and crannies of my days. And the colorful little pieces on the arm of my chair are just an added bonus.

https://slowstitching.com/

2 comments: