C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, November 5, 2021

The Hat She Almost Had

"Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory."  

I popped into see Janice today and she gave me this adorable found object.  I think everyone needs a little Cinderella mouse!

In 1976 during a family Bicentennial vacation...Paul's sister Liz saw a Pittsburgh Pirates hat in the median of the highway.  She tried to get her dad to stop....but it just wasn't possible...or safe. Liz has always talked about the hat she almost had....and from then on the Pirates were her favorite team.
Many years later Paul performed a wedding in Pittsburg....and when he and I were wandering around the city I had an idea.

I took lots of photos and made this photo collage for Liz in honor of the hat she almost had.....and Paul found her an actual hat to go with it.  So here's the hat that she actually has....and a photo collage of her favorite team's city.

I had forgotten all about it until I saw it while I was visiting. I'm not sure it really goes with the style Liz is going for...but maybe she'll find a place for it in her project room....or I suggested her walk in closet.  We didn't have much time to hang pictures.

I still like doing photo collages the old fashioned way....cutting and pasting the actual photos.  I've done dozens and dozens of these and it all started  with Becky's basement stairwell: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/01/photo-collage-just-beginning.html


No comments:

Post a Comment