C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Frostmas

After a long travel day....it's so good to be home. It was a privilege working with Alyson and Liz in their homes and I'll likely reflect a little bit more in the next several days.  

Early morning at the Denver Airport.....there's no place quite like it....but today's post is about being home.  

Paul texted me this photo just two days ago...the leaves were still mostly on the trees...and the shrubs along the condo were still in their full fall glory.  Well done Paul!


Then Portland had its first hard freeze yesterday....and just like that everything changed.  This is what I came home to today....the shrubs have browned....and most of the leaves are off the tree.  It was beautiful...in that circle of life kind of way.  I just learned some flower growers celebrate the first hard freeze calling it "Frostmas" signaling the official end to their season....and a time for rest. Perfect metaphor for me today.


I didn't get it in the photo....but the clethra on the far right was still quite beautiful....it felt like little welcome home gift of color.


As did these blooms on the Christmas cactus....I might start calling it my Frostmas cactus!  


Happy Frostmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment