C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, November 27, 2021

First Dusting

We had our first dusting of snow last night....a clear reminder of the change in seasons.  While Paul and I were on our morning walk I was on the lookout for interesting places where the snow had landed. 

This gourd caught my eye because it seemed to perfectly illustrate the transition from fall to winter. I needed to take a closer look.

It was beautiful up close...the gourd was such a deep textured orange and still very much in its prime. And the dusting of snow was just lovely.


But what I didn't notice from a distance was right nearby. It's there in the first photo....but I didn't see it at the time. A kindred soul is also fond of heart rocks. Another reminder that when something catches your eye you should take a closer look because something else may surprise you.


A little further up the street was this frosty kale....and when I looked closely I was fascinated with all the layers and depth.

The cark crevices fascinated me.

I had a little fun with some photo editing. 
Sometimes we see what we want to see.


I do love the first dusting of snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment