C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Marvelous Victory

I don't think I could be more excited that my meadow rue is starting to bud.  

I have three tall stalks now in front of the fence...and it's going to be so much fun to watch them bloom. 

Look at those fabulous little pin pearls!  

I don't have a lot of blooming plants....mostly a mixture of colors and textures of green.  But I actually think that allows me to enjoy the blooms I do have....one at a time.  The yellow lilies are completely done....and the Bowman's Root is just about done.....and here comes the meadow rue!



A reader (anonymous) sent me this powerful quote by Howard Zinn as a comment on yesterday's post....and it was just what I needed to hear. Thank you! I found this image of the quote here.  I hope you read the whole thing...right up until the end. 

I spent the day tending to my gardens and my home.  I deeply watered all the beds with a slow trickle.....we call that "trickling" at our house....and it takes all day.  I started to unbury (yes it happened again) the guest room because Paul's sister Liz is coming in a couple weeks....but I first had to wash the windows so I could put the screens in so I could get some fresh air.  

That lead me to wash the other windows that didn't have screens yet so I could open them too.....which has been on my list ALL spring.  I did get back to the guest room...getting side tracked hanging a few things while trying to clean.  It was a classic case of Bright Shiny Object Syndrome flipping from one shiny thing to another. But it was also a beautiful "succession of present moments.....and all a marvelous victory" for my soul.  
There is even joy in the chores.....I call it joyful puttering. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment