C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 3, 2022

The Underside

So many blooms face downward...making it hard to see and appreciate how beautiful they are.  You get up close and look at the underside to see the details.

My enkianthus shrub is blooming...and I learned last year how beautiful they are underneath.  I just adore the little pink and yellow stripes and those amazing centers.

I did this little painting last year inspired by the bloom. 

My leucothoe is also blooming....and this is the first time 
I've look at the underside of this one....it's pretty special too.


Here they are side by side along the west side of the condo.  If you didn't look closely you might not even know the enkianthus in the back was blooming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment