C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 20, 2022

People

"In life you will realize there is a role for everyone you meet.  Some will test you. Some will use you. Some will love you and some will teach you. But the ones who are truly important are the ones who bring out the best in you. They are the rare and amazing people who remind you why it's worth it.found here

Becky sent this quote....and it couldn't be more true.  As I spent my first full day back at home I had time to reflect on the all the people in Wisconsin I was able to spend time with.....I packed a lot of people in!  And it was all worth it.

Becky...it's hard to describe the deep connection we have. We have a comfort level with each other that allows us to be just who we are...as we are....in all our glory and and our not-so glory.

David.....always makes me feel right at home even though I take over his spot at the kitchen island.  And...he's an amazing cook.

Kathy...who I hadn't seen since college and our wedding day...but we picked up right where we left off and filled in all the gaps.

Lynn...who has taught me so much about art....and joy....and is a major source of inspiration.

Marilyn, Nancy and LaVonn....I love time with my sisters.  We are as much the same as we are different....and we enjoy each other's company.

My sister's families....Ben and Sarah, Sam and Megan and their kids Maeson and Calvin, Fred, Holly, Hikmet, Aras, and Ayla

Tim...my brother-in-law who dropped everything for a couple of days and helped someone in need that he didn't even know. He's got mad skills!

Carol, Henry and Charles...my sister-in-law and nephews who are finding their way without my brother Rich...and seem to be doing well.

Rosy, Tracie and Brenda....creative and beautiful women who feed my soul. I'm grateful to Becky for bringing them into my life.

Emily....my goddaughter who is all grown up and setting up her first home with her partner Keegan. Who is awesome...by the way...but the fact that he loves Emily is all that really matters.

We also spent time with a couple neighbor friends of Marilyn's who she has grown to love. I can't retrieve their names...but they were amazing and I'm so glad I had a chance to meet them because I know they mean a lot to Marilyn.  I can see why.

Here are some photos from the trip that never made it to the blog.  




Tim on duty at the local recycling center....we took him his lunch.


Sisters doing garden clean-up at LaVonn's.


And I'm lucky to have just as many fabulous people right here at home...or scattered and here there who bring out the best in me. How lucky am I!  









No comments:

Post a Comment