C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 6, 2022

Things We Leave Behind

Even two people in a really good marriage need a little time apart once in a while. Yes, I will miss Paul while I'm away...but he'll be just fine...and we'll stay in touch.

But it's really hard for me to leave behind some of my precious buds that are ready to bloom....they bring me so much joy.  I have a feeling I might miss the Bowman's Root blooms....they look like they're getting close.  Last year it started blooming on June 14th....so maybe I'll be in luck.   https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/06/teeny-tiny.html

My sister Nancy gave me a split a couple falls ago....and last spring was my first time experiencing it bloom.  It's a handsome, medium sized plant...airy and kind of lacy...and the delicate little buds open into fairy like pink flowers.  I just love it! I moved it last fall, put a little piece in my front garden and this one in the back has already doubled in size.  

Paul is under strict orders to keep an eye on it for me and report in.  


I bought a white one and planted it right beside it...and it's been blooming for a week or more.  It's not quite as special as the pink one....but it's still a handsome plant.  That's an important standard for perennials that only bloom for a short time.....the plant has to be handsome. 
And right next to that are my tiny yellow trumpet daylilies.  I've written about them before...they've moved with me to almost every house. For a while they were split between Lexington and Portland until we moved here full time. Last year I moved my three small clumps all together in a new spot in the garden where they hopefully will get enough sun.

I don't think they've always been happy with me moving them around as they haven't always bloomed well.  I promised them I wouldn't move them again....and they have responded.  This is the first time every single plant has a stalk or two covered in buds....I counted at least 39+ buds on these three small plants.  

A few buds are yellowing up....but I do they they have a ways to go.  So I don't think I'll miss them....but Paul will be watching.     

Here's one blooming on June 8, 2018: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2018/06/good-timing.html

Look at all those buds!


And finally.....I'm leaving these blooms behind too.  This Christmas cactus has been blooming nonstop since February.  I wonder what blooms I'll get to watch in Wisconsin!  Everyone has gardens!  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment