C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Teeny Tiny

I'm not sure I could be more excited about a teeny tiny bloom...it's like a little pink fairy.


Last fall my sister Nancy sent me some perennial splits from her garden...most of which I enjoyed earlier this spring. This particular plant she called her mystery plant because it originally came to her tucked in with something else and she didn't know what it was at first.  Turns out it's Bowman's Root....and has become one of her favorites and I think it's going to be one of my favorites too. The foliage is dainty and pretty and the stems are red.  And...as I understand the plant has spectacular fall color....it's what we call a "handsome plant." 

I've been watching the tiny pink buds for weeks....and Paul watched them for me while I was in Lexington reporting in with photos every day.  I didn't want to miss the first blooms.  But today was the day...and it did not disappoint.  

There was just this one bloom all day long......

...then this evening another one opened in another spot.  Look at all those buds....lots of teeny tiny moments of joy ahead for me!  

Thanks Nancy!  



I'm way further along than this....but this puzzle with 
the not-so teeny tiny pieces is awesome and deserves its own post.


Continuing my anti-racism journey today I read another article in the 1619 project: "A Broken Health Care System" by Jeneen Interlandi.  It is difficult to comprehend the justification for injustice by our lawmakers of the past...and it horrifies me even more knowing full well it still exists today.

A few excerpts from the article:

"White legislators argued that free assistance of any kind would breed dependence and that when it came to black infirmity, hard labor was a better salve than white medicine." 

"No charitable black scheme could wash out the color of the Negro, change his inferior nature or save him from his inevitable fate."  

No comments:

Post a Comment