C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Stay or Go?

I forgot that yesterday was the solstice....but it certainly feels like summer now.  It always seems odd to me that the solstice marks when days start getting shorter....just when summer is getting going.


At this point in my life when I'm trying to downsize and sort I'm asking myself does it stay or go?  Today I asked that question in the garden.
Like the end of my garden behind the garage I wrote about a few weeks ago...the way back part of my yard against the fence has turned into a nursery.  A place where I hold plants....where extras and cast-offs live until they have a permanent place. It gets very little attention. ...mostly I just pull out the invasive garlic mustard plant that would take over if I let it go.


But this year an unfamiliar plant/weed appeared early on and I let it go to see what it would do.  And just today I noticed it was finally blooming so checked it out. What I found were pretty little white daisy like flowers.  Is it an invasive weed?  Or is it just a pretty little daisy? Does it stay or go? 


online photo of feverfew
I did a little investigating and my plant didn't seem to have the qualities of the daisy type weeds I read about online. 

So my current conclusion is that it's feverfew....a perennial that is known to have some medicinal qualities.  So unless someone gives me new information it most certainly is staying....and I wouldn't mind if it just took over.  

And the real mystery is....where did it come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment