C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Blooms

Morgan Harper Nichols
As I've already shared...my garden is mostly made up of a variety of shades of green and interesting textures....but I do appreciate the blooms.  I love the anticipation....the sometimes slow openings....and even the spent blooms.  So I'm celebrating the blooms in my garden....and beyond.  I know I'm a broken record....but it's garden season and these blooms bring me joy. I know I've already given a backyard tour...but this is more up close and personal with just the blooms.  

I'm enjoying the wispy blooms of the coral bell...and right behind them are the teeny tiny buds of my moonbeam coreopsis.  They're one of my favorites!  


Spent rain lilies and a yellow day lily bloom....beautiful in their own way. And the good thing is more are coming.


One yellow lily bloom and one more coming....and one pink rain lily...and 5 or 6 buds coming..


It wan't planned...but I love the way the foliage of the meadow rue has framed my little metal dancer....but the most exciting news is.....  


...there are buds! And they aren't 7 feet high like last year so maybe I'll get to enjoy them up close! Oh....the anticipation! David and Linda just gave me three little baby meadow rue plants so if they settle in well I'll have more scattered around this year and/or next.  


I spied one of my old time favorites on a walk.  
My mom always planted bachelor buttons in the garden....
...there's just something about that blue.


The Bowman's root plant has dropped its pretty pink petals....but little awesome red ends were left behind.


 I snipped this little piece to enjoy on my window sill.  I love the delicate foliage!


Every year I've planted purple verbena along my patio...giving us color all summer. The last two years I've added in some scaevola....or what I call fan flower. Both are doing well this year.




Anne texted me this update on her rain lily blooms....
and I think I see hints of a few more coming down deep.
I handed a pot off to Linda and David a few days ago that had three buds.


Paul took these photos on a walk because he knew I would enjoy this petunia  sprouting along the asphalt. "You were in my head" he told me....not only to pause and celebrate the moment....but to take a second shot with a little more context and a better angle.  He knew I'd like the second photo better...and he was right. I AM in his head.....how can that not be a good thing!



And finally I'm celebrating a bloom in our woods that I've never seen before.  It doesn't matter if it's a weed...because it's lovely.  I hope you "notice the blooming flowers....and trust that grace will find you."


No comments:

Post a Comment